Monday, December 1, 2008

Fishing in Technology

It has been about a month since my last post. I have been dabbling in e-pals, diving into my classroom wiki, and helping students create voice threads. On the other side of life I have been preparing for a Thanksgiving household of 15 people. Which brings my rambling to the point to this post, technology fishing.

Did I lose you? We simply don't have time for everything. Since my last post I have been to some technology meetings, I have gained several technology ideas, and have read loads of blog posts on what others have done. The problem is, I am still trying to really get the hang of what I started working on way back in September. I credit Tammy Worcester for this piece of advice: Technology is like a fast flowing stream. We just need to get in there and catch something. The key word here is something. We can't get it all, and we can't use it all, but what we catch we use, and then go back for more. So keep blogging and reading blogs. Keep working on your wiki and joining wikis. Keep using tools like e-pals, visual ranking, and voice threads, but don't sweat it if it doesn't all happen at once... there will be more tools, better updated versions, and improved projects. No we can't do it all, but we can do ... something that is. Catch technology when we can and then go back for more when your all done.

Thanks for reading my post... now go fishing.

No comments: